Bird Control For Businesses, Schools, Councils & Public Parks
Birds are a major issue for businesses, schools and public parks. The presence of droppings and general debris brought in by birds is a serious health risk not only for the owners of these environments but also your customers and visitors. In a manufacturing or distribution operation, clear health and safety standards are set by the government. Yet the ability to use common baits or pesticides is sometimes not an option due to the presence of children or the need to meet manufacturing hygiene standards, particularly in food processing operations.
Where to apply the gel?
Pick strategic spots where birds land, nest or enter the building. It’s not necessary to totally coat the length of an entrance as the cinnamon smell permeates a reasonable distance, alerting birds to the presence of the gel. Instead, choose specific posts such as alternate ceiling joists, corners of the building or the top of alternate fence posts.
How to apply the gel?
- Choose the spot where you want to apply the gel.
- Clean the surface of dust, flaking paint, bird droppings or other debris.
- Dry the surface if wet.
- Cut stopper on cartridge and screw nozzle back on to the cartridge.
- Fit Wingo cartridge into a caulking gun (or similar glue gun device).
- Apply a length of tape to protect the surface and allow for easy removal of the gel.
- Squirt a zigzag or spiral of gel onto the required surface.
- Apply similar squirts approximately 30-70cm apart to cover a large area.
Wingo is equally effective when used in exposed areas eg. Tree bases, branches or exterior fences, but will need to be reapplied more frequently as the gel will deteriorate after long-term exposure to harsh sunlight, wind and rain. We recommend reapplying every 6-8 months in these areas.