Bird Control For Home Owners
Birds are an on-going headache for home owners. Ruining your outdoor furniture, creating mess on your car and generally risking the health and comfort of your family. But how to keep them away from your assets and possessions when you also have children and pets to worry about?
Wingo is completely safe for humans and animals, forming a long-term barrier and deterrent from the areas where the gel is applied.
Where to apply the gel?
Pick key spots where birds land, nest or are a problem to your home. Popular use is along a branch or two of a tree hanging over the car, the top of posts on your fence, and at obvious entrance areas for birds. It’s not necessary to completely coat the area, strategically placed applications will be enough to form a barrier and alert birds to the presence of the Wingo.
How to apply the gel?
- Choose the spot where you want to apply the gel.
- Clean the surface of dust, flaking paint, bird droppings or other debris.
- Dry the surface if wet.
- Cut stopper on cartridge and screw nozzle back on to the cartridge.
- Fit Wingo cartridge into a caulking gun (or similar glue gun device).
- Apply a length of tape to protect the surface being covered and allow for easy removal.
- Squirt a zigzag or spiral of gel onto the tape.
- Apply similar squirts approximately 30-70cm apart to cover a large area.
Wingo is equally effective when used in exposed areas eg. Tree bases, branches or exterior fences, but will need to be reapplied more frequently as the gel will deteriorate after long-term exposure to harsh sunlight, wind and rain. We recommend reapplying every 6-8 months in these areas.